Fixed Electrical Inspection
The testing and inspection of Electrical systems is required under the Electricity at Work Regulations and will therefore apply to business premises.
Most establishments require a full test and inspection every 5 years. This work must be carried out by competent and accredited contractor.
They also require an Annual Routine check, this check may be completed by a competent person who is a user of the system. The person doing the routine check will need to look for breakages, deterioration, signs of overheating and ensure that adequate labelling is in place.
The following is a general summary of of the requirements for certain establishments-
- Industrial Annual Routine Check Fixed Test 3 years
- Commercial Annual Routine Check Fixed Test 3/5 years
- Offices Annual Routine Check Fixed Test 5 years
- Shops Annual Routine Check Fixed Test 5 years
- Pubs Annual Routine Check Fixed Test 5 year
- Restaurant Annual Routine Check Fixed Test 5 years
- Hotels Annual Routine Check Fixed Test 5 years
- Petrol Station Annual Routine Check Fixed Test 1 year
- Construction Site 3 Month Check 3 Month Test
It is a legal requirement to comply with this legislation and in the event of large fire loss at a premises a copy of the electrical report and certificate will be required.