About the Role
As an insurance broker, you act as an intermediary between your clients and insurance companies and will offer products, from more than one insurer, to ensure that your clients get the best deal.
As a successful candidate, you will have a unique opportunity to develop a long-term career with an established, Independent, Insurance Broker, while you work towards obtaining the Level 3 Insurance Practitioner Standard, supported by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) Qualifications, to become Cert CII.
As an Insurance Broker you will need to complete a variety of tasks including:
- Gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile
- Research insurance companies’ policies and negotiate to find the most suitable cover
- Ensure that your clients understand the terms and cover provided
- Manage your client needs throughout the policy life to include any amendments
- Advise your clients on whether and when they should claim and provide support
- Advise your clients on risk management and how to mitigate risk
- Build and maintain ongoing relations with your clients
- Win new clients
- Collect insurance premiums and process accounts
No prior experience is required, and we are anticipating that suitable candidates are seeking their first role within the Insurance Industry. You will be given appropriate support and supervision to both carry out your job role and complete the apprenticeship. This includes providing you with opportunities to practice new skills in the work environment and delivering off-the-job training when required. Across the apprenticeship you will receive:
- 14 coaching sessions (a mixture of face-to-face and online learning)
- 3 CII training workshops
- 6 face-to-face workshops with Aviva
Aviva will also provide full access to training materials and courses on the Aviva Development Zone platform, to help with your specially designed apprenticeship pathway.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate confidence, flexibility, and motivation and be committed to developing themselves to build a long-term career with PSP Group. You will also hold:
- 5 GCSE’s A-C (or current equivalent) including Maths and English.
We will also expect the following from you, during the apprenticeship:
- You will need to commit to 462 hours of learning over the course of the programme to meet the requirements. This will involve independent study, as well as attending workshops and training sessions
- Committed to completing both the apprenticeship and CII qualification.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Confidence to advise and negotiate with clients and insurers
- The ability to build relationships
- Desire to learn
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Good team player
- Performance driven
- Administrative and IT Skills
How to apply
If you are interested, we would request that you email a copy of your CV along with a covering statement to the Director at your preferred location – details here
If you would like to discuss the role prior to submitting your application you can contact Ingrid Camps on 01637 839966